PSA: Your weight is the least interesting thing about you.









I weigh myself most weekday mornings. I’m not trying to gain or lose, it’s just something I do. 

Today I stepped on the scale and didn’t like the number I saw. 😧


Intellectually I knew last night’s soy-sauce soaked sushi was likely the reason for the increase, but I still felt a fleeting moment of panic.


Until I quickly reminded myself what my sister told me long ago: my weight is the least interesting thing about me. 


That number on the scale is information and nothing else. 


I don’t weave my weight into conversations. “Hi my name is Michelle and I weigh xxx!” 


It’s not on my resume, nor on my LinkedIn profile. (Can you imagine? 😆)


It doesn't reflect my worth, intelligence, or personality.


And dammit…that number certainly doesn’t determine my mood. 


Here are the numbers I focused on instead today:

  • The number of miles I ran this morning in prep for an upcoming race (7)
  • The number of smiles I collected on my run (12)
  • The percentage of effort I put into two projects (100%-- ok, maybe 94%)
  • The amount of quality time I got with my son on his day off. We watched a show together, played a game, and just hung out. 🥰


Those were good numbers!


As for the number on the scale, whatever it is, I can guarantee that it's the least interesting thing about me and the last thing I want dictating my day.


So what is the most interesting thing about me? I guess that's subjective! But at least we know what it is not!


I know this post doesn’t fit with my traditional head-tilt content. I’m okay with that. Maybe it’s just a public reminder to myself, but I’m feeling it might land for sometime else, too. ☀️


Let’s focus on numbers and things that really matter. ❤️