Head Tilt #65: Check ego

 

This inside of my car, Jedi-the-Jetta


It was love at first sight. 😍

 

I saw the “check ego” sticker on the bumper of a car I was driving behind.

 

Since I know that everything gets messy when one’s ego is out of check, I had to have the sticker.

 

I easily found it online and ordered a few.

 

As I set to put one on my car I thought,

 

“Wait a minute… who am I to tell others (through my bumper sticker wisdom) to check their egos? Isn’t that a rather egotistical thing to do?”

 

YUP.

 

I am the one who needs to “check ego.” 

 

So for years, I’ve put one of these stickers on the dash of my car. It’s placed prominently where I can see it.

 

✅ Check engine

✅ Check oil

✅ Check ego

 

The sticker reminds me to check my ego not only when driving, but all of the time. Left unchecked, my ego can cause a lot of chaos, on the road and off.

 

My ego:

 

·     Has insatiable cravings for more/better/best

·     Is a very poor communicator

·     Doesn’t play well with others

·     Plays defense before the game even starts

·     Has an over-inflated sense of self

·     Loves confirmation bias

·     Has no idea how to be kindful 😳

 

And my ego gets me in trouble

every

single

time

I don’t keep it in check.

 

With humility and kindness, I encourage you to play a good offense.


If you can relate to any of this post —the next time you check your engine and check your oil—maybe check your ego as well. ❤️